When you set up your import or update you need to guide Loader where you want your data to appear in your app. This part of any import setup is referred to as “mapping”.
This means that for a column in your CSV you choose from a drop-down list:
1. A data field to where you want Loader to send your data
2. A data field to link your record to
- Map your column titled Surname to Last Name field in your app. We intentionally highlight that the column name and data field can be titled differently.
- Select a Birthday field to map your Client's Birthday column. Here you will need also to select the same date format you have in your CSV file. Loader needs to know if 1/5/2022 in your file is January 5, 2022, or May 1, 2022.
- You import new contacts into CRM and want to assign them to existing salespeople in your database. Map the CSV column containing your agents' names to Link To field 'Agent Name' in the drop-down.
You may also want to check how to see the list of data objects and fields that can be imported into your app prior to uploading your file. This can assist you in taking advantage of Auto-mapping.
Loader cannot verify the accuracy of your mappings, and you will only get an error if the records failed to import or update.